Eversource ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Program
This Enrollment Agreement is for the 2020 Eversource ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Program (“Program”) and for all future Program years, unless your participation is terminated by you or Eversource (“Utility”). Acceptance of these terms is mandatory for participation in the Program.
- I understand that I am enrolling in the Eversource ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Program. I have one or more Wi-Fi enabled Room Air Conditioners (“Wi-Fi RACs”), or approved ductless heat pumps (“Ductless Heat Pump”, some of which are sold under the term “Mini-Split”) in my home or business and a computer or device with access to the Internet through a Wi-Fi connection.
- I understand that my Wi-Fi RAC or Ductless Heat Pump model must be preapproved be eligible to participate. I also understand that I must have an online account with my Wi-Fi RAC or Ductless Heat Pump manufacturer and register all of my air conditioners with that account. I may enroll immediately in Eversource ConnectedSolutions demand response program by completing the registration form and accepting the terms by clicking below. I will enroll at least one (1) Wi-Fi RAC or Ductless Heat Pump in the Program that I regularly use to cool my home or small business. My participation may be rewarded with incentives as described herein.
- I understand that the Program enables the utility to reduce the overall energy demand during peak periods this summer (generally from May 1 through September 30), typically on weekdays when people generally use the most electricity to cool their homes and offices. During a “Peak Energy Event”, or “Event”, the utility will remotely adjust my home’s A/C temperature settings. Eversource expects to have at least three (3) and as many as ten (10) Peak Energy Events each summer, each lasting for four (4) hours. I understand that I will typically be notified of an Event the day before it occurs, but that Eversource may call Events without previously notifying me if there is an electric grid emergency.
- I understand that during an Event, Eversource will remotely change how often my air-conditioner turns on and off or increase the thermostat settings on my air-conditioner(s) so that they turn on and off at a slightly higher temperature. The Program’s goal is to reduce my overall energy use during periods of peak demand while still keeping my home or small business cool. I understand that I may opt-out (i.e., not participate) in any Event, however doing so may preclude my ability to earn incentives.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to manage my electricity consumption for my air-conditioner(s) and all of the other energy-using devices in my home or small business, including any charges that I may incur for such use.
- I understand that ThinkEco will collect Information about the use and operation of my Wi-Fi RAC or RAC Ductless Heat Pump and convey such Information to Eversource. "Information" includes, among other things, energy use, the dates and times when Events occurred, and whether or not I participated in the Events.
- I will maintain an account with the company that presently provides my Wi-Fi Internet connection, or with another provider of a Wi-Fi connection, throughout my participation in the Program.
- I will answer all questions and surveys that either Eversource or the Program’s administrator presents to me, to the best of my ability, during my participation in the Program.
- I agree to allow Eversource, the Program’s administrator and any third party under contract with Eversource, to have access to, collect and analyze Information collected by my Wi-Fi RAC or Device installed in my home or small business. I understand that my individual Information will not be made available publicly by Eversource, the Program administrator or any third party under contract with Eversource, but it will be grouped and analyzed anonymously along with Information from other Program participants, and the anonymous, aggregated results may be made public. However, I understand that Eversource, the Program’s administrator, and third parties under contract with Eversource may disclose my individual Information to each other for Program and analytic purposes or if compelled by law to do so. Unless Eversource, the Program’s administrator, or a third party under contract with Eversource is prohibited by law from doing so, they will use reasonable efforts to provide me with written notice of any requirement that they disclose my individual Information before they disclose the Information so that I may seek a protective order or other appropriate remedy.
- If my Wi-Fi RAC or Ductless Heat Pump is not connected to the Eversource ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Program platform, I may be contacted by the Program administrator (by phone, email, text, or other means) to have my account activated, or otherwise troubleshoot my equipment. If I have a problem with my Wi-Fi RAC or Device, I will promptly notify customer service at 1-888-413-6225.
- I provide my express consent to receive Text/Call Alerts from Eversource and/or the Program administrator at the telephone number provided (which calls/texts may be auto-dialed and/or use artificial or pre-recorded voices). I understand that my consent to receive Text/Call Alerts and other texts/calls is not required in order to obtain access to the Program and/or rewards. Standard Messaging & Data Rates may apply. Text “STOP” in response to any of our text messages to Cancel. Call 1-888-413-6225for Help.
- If I have any questions about the Eversource ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Program or the operation of any of the equipment, I will call customer service at 1-888-413-6225, or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If at any time I decide to not participate in the Eversource ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Program, or if I plan to terminate my account with Eversource or move from my current address to a location outside of Eversource service territory, I will contact customer service at 1-888-413-6225. I understand that I may forfeit my eligibility to participate in the Program or to receive and/or redeem rewards in the discretion of the Program managers.
- I understand that if I do not notify customer service or Eversource that I no longer wish to participate in the Program, my enrollment will automatically continue during subsequent summer Program periods under these terms and conditions, unless Eversource adopts new terms and conditions, in which event they will be posted on the Program’s website. I further understand that Eversource may change or discontinue the Program at any time. (For more information regarding changes to or termination of the Program, see “Modifications and Termination of the Eversource ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Program” below).
- I understand that if I successfully connect all of my enrolled Wi-Fi RACs or Ductless Heat Pumps to the Program Platform so that they are communicating energy data to the ThinkEco servers, I will be eligible to receive an Amazon gift card of a $20 value. The confirmation of whether my device is communicating energy data to the ThinkEco servers is in the sole discretion of ThinkEco. If I abide by the Program rules during the Program. It is expected that I will participate in all Peak Energy Events called.
- I understand that in order to be eligible for any incentive, I must set-up my Wi-Fi RACs or Ductless Heat Pumps so that they are actively reporting my A/C Unit’s energy usage data to the Program Platform.
Modifications and Termination of the Eversource ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Program
The Program’s sponsor may elect to terminate the Eversource ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Program at any time, for any reason, Announcement of any Program termination, and notification of any changes to these terms and conditions, will be made either by email message to you or a posting on the Eversource ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Program website located at roomac.connectedsolutionsprogram.com. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be effective immediately upon such notice, and your participation in the Program constitutes your acceptance of any such changes.
Rights of Program Sponsor and Administrator
The Program’s sponsors and administrator reserve the right to terminate the participation of anyone who engages in any fraudulent activity or actions in violation of the terms and conditions of this Enrollment Agreement. Termination may result in disqualification of eligibility to receive rewards and/or any other incentives for participation in the Program.
Limitation of Liability for Eversource ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Program
Neither the Program, nor its sponsor or administrator, is responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of information, for any human error, for any interruption, deletion, omission, defect, or line failure of any telephone network or electronic transmission, for problems relating to computer equipment, software, inability to access the website or online service, or for any other technical or non-technical error or malfunction. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL EVERSOURCE, THINKECO, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE RELATED COMPANIES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, "RELEASEES") BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF THE PROGRAM OR MERCHANDISE OR ITEMS OFFERED THROUGH THE PROGRAM, EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING OR ANY OF THEIR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM OR ACTION RELATED TO SUCH MATTERS IN ANY FORUM BEYOND ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE KIND OF ACT, EVENT, CONDITION OR OMISSION UPON WHICH THE CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, THE RELEASEES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE.
Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. You agree to rely solely on the manufacturer's warranties, if any, for any products redeemed through the Program.
- These terms and conditions (together with the Program and contest rules described herein) constitute the entire agreement between you and the Eversource ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Program pertaining to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior or other arrangements, understandings, negotiations and discussions, whether oral or written, with respect to such subject matter. No waiver of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions shall be deemed or constitute a waiver of any other provisions hereof (whether or not similar), nor shall any waiver constitute a continuing waiver unless otherwise expressly provided. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these terms and conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.